Unnatural yearning for color

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 10:42:48 EDT 2013

On 3/23/2013 9:17 PM, Steve wrote:
> David... Derek was showing some provincial Linux humor, cute but hardly
> satisfying :)
>
> My problem was with the gtk2_prefs
> program/application/whatever-one-wants-to-call-it.  It's just as I use
> gnuCash, it's so plain and colorless, albeit it largely works.  Yes, the tab
> coloring does work, but the hope of coloring in the various registers that
> gtk2_prefs gave a whiff of, makes me homesick.
>
> It really would be nice if gnuCash got dressed up and went out dancing once
> in a while.  it's so boilerplate and dull accounting like, a dash of color
> in a windows environment would be welcome.  might even attract another 83
> users.
>
> am i goin' try gtk2_prefs again without any indication that something has
> been addressed?  not on your life.
>
> Doesn't mean that my desire for color in the routine execution of this
> application doesn't exist :(
>
> Curled up in a corner, bland and depressed; but still a daily user.

I am still a little confused.  On my Windows machine the various parts
of GnuCash have the same unimaginative colors that are shown in the
illustrations of the help manual.  For example the Account Register
Display is decked out in those clashing shades of green yellow and
brown.  In Linux the colors are the same, I think (I will check later
when I am at my Linux machine).

The main difference that I can recall is that the OK and Cancel buttons
are reversed in the color picker for the Windows version.

David C