MySQL not in the dropdown for new Accounts

David Zelinsky dzpost at dedekind.net
Sun Mar 31 11:32:40 EDT 2013

Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> writes:

> On 11 March 2013 10:23, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 11 March 2013 11:05, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> On 11 March 2013 09:16, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> [...]
<snip>
>> I'm running the latest Ubuntu 12.10
>> I installed via
>> apt-get install gnucash
>
> Try
>
> sudo apt-get install libdbd-mysql

I also ran into this, on a Debian (wheezy) system.  I could not find
anything in the Gnucash documentation or elsewhere that mentioned the
need for this library, until I finally found this gnucash-user thread.
The Debian gnucash package does not require the library, but only
"suggests" it (or libdbd-pgsql or libdbd-sqlite3).

I think this is a serious failing in documentation.  I'd like to file a
bug report, but I'm not sure where.  Seems like it should at least be
mentioned somewhere in the gnucash documentation.

Any suggestions?

-David