delete file names

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 6 12:42:41 EDT 2013

JOSEPH AIELLO <jraiello at verizon.net> writes:

> As a means of housekeeping,I would like to clean this up.
> This is similar to Sketchup,but the files can be deleted as well as the listings.
> Am I the only one that has an issue with this?

Yeah, I think most people just live with it.  Once you delete the file
it's gone, even if it's still listed.  At one point there was a request
to have GnuCash remove the listing if the file couldn't be opened, but I
don't know if that was ever implemented.

You can edit the history from your gconf settings using gconf-editor.
(on windows you need to hand-edit the gconf data file when gnucash isn't
running).

Or just live with it.  It's only a cosmetic issue.