GnuCash config files location (again)

Steve butterandsalt at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:01:14 EDT 2013

Thanks (as usual), David.  The "Add Reports" button was grayed out on the
custom reports I had created that I had open.  I think what happened is that
I created the reports, then saved my data file without adding the reports.
Then when I came back although the reports were still open, the "Add
Reports" button was greyed out and not available.  I tried making a small
modification, then removed it, ran the custom report again, and the "Add
Report" became available.  So all is good, and 84.9%+ was my error, probably
unreasonable to think GnuCash should still give you the option to save a
custom report if you exit and then come back with the newly created report
still open.

So if I want to relocate the location of all of my GnuCash config files (not
the data file), is it true that I need to change the environment setting in
a batch file that runs GnuCash?  And where the heck is that file and/or
what's it called?  Or is there an easier way to change the location setting
(sure would be nice within GnuCash itself, if you could designate what paths
you wish to use, etc.).

Anyway, thanks again for your assistance.  All in all, my past year's
experience has been a good one with GnuCash, glad to be rid of Quicken,
Mint, Yodlee and all the other ones...