One transaction from two accounts to one

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Wed May 8 15:09:17 EDT 2013

A "split" is exactly the way to go, although I don't know how split
transactions with security accounts work along those lines (securities are
a feature I don't use).

When creating a split it's important to not hit "enter", or that will
finalize the transaction, usually leaving the unbalanced portion stuck in a
"orphan CZK" or "imbalanced CZK" account and you'll have to edit the
transaction to fix it.  Use tab, cursor keys, or mouse to manouver around
the split.

When I use a split, I do see an extra split with the unbalanced amount and
no affiliated account until I either (a) balance the transaction, or (b)
edit the account on that extra split, thus assigning that extra amount
where I want it to go.

In your case, I would start in the cash account, open a new split
transaction, put in the 20CZK as a decrease in the cash account (which will
create an unbalanced split for 20CZK, then add another split as a 1VOUCHER
decrease from the meal voucher account (which I hope would change the
unbalanced split to 100CZK), and then change the account on the unbalanced
split to Expenses:Food.

But like I said, I don't use securities, so I could be wrong about the
behavior.

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Alois Mahdal <Alois.Mahdal.1-ndmail at zxcvb.cz