Using 2.4.x and 2.5.x side by side on OS X?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 16:14:42 EDT 2013

I have a quick question: I would like to test out 2.5 on my Mac (Mountain Lion), but I am not sure whether I can run the 2.5 version next to the 2.4 version. If I rename the 2.5 app bundle to Gnucash-2.5.1.app, it asks for admin access to (I believe) change a system setting to point to this bundle. I believe that if I allow the change to occur, that I will encounter problems when I go back to 2.4.

I would like to know if I am right about that, and if I am, then I would like to know whether there is a workaround for this on the Mac.

TIA,
David