delete file names

JOSEPH AIELLO jraiello at verizon.net
Thu May 16 18:27:08 EDT 2013

Hi All;
I seem to be going backwards,I thought I had this system,but I don't.
I opened a new  business account and want to start with an opening balance of $2000.In the initial phase I place $2000 in the Checking Account under Assets.The  Account file shows Assets = $2000,Equity = $2000.
The Equity statement under Income & Expense reads as follows:

Capital, 01/01/2013     $0.00
Net income for Period $0.00
Investments for Period $4,000.00
Withdrawals for Period $2,000.00
Increase in capital     $2,000.00
Capital, 12/31/2013     $2,000.00

How did I get $4000? I did something wrong,but what?
What is the proper way to initialize an Account?

......thanks ...... joe

p.s. Is there a way I can search the threads for this subject matter?