Not responding error

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat May 18 06:00:26 EDT 2013

On Saturday 06 April 2013 10:07:10 Sam Stamport wrote:
> Hello,
>

>                 I recently downloaded the latest version (2.4.12), but it
> gets hung when I start it with a not responding message from Windows 7. (See
> attached screen shot.) I uninstalled 2.4.12, downloaded 2.4.11 and
> installed it. The result is the same. I am using a DELL dual core 64-bit
> desktop computer running Win 7 with all the latest patches from Microsoft
> installed. Can someone help me?

I didn't see a reply to this question so here's a late one:

I see there are two GnuCash windows open on your system: the Tip of the day window and
the Welcome to GnuCash assistant. Did you attempt to click on anything in either window
that resulted in this not responding message ?

Geert

P.S. I'm not sure how you created your screenshot, but sending a picture encapsulated in a
word document is like sending a postcard mounted in a wooden frame. That's not really
necessary. The postcard already has all the necessary information. Similarly when sending a
screenshot to the list, you can attach the screenshot directly in your e-mail instead of first
pasting it into a word document.