sequential use of Gnucash on multiple computers

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun May 19 03:47:40 EDT 2013

Dear list,

First of all many thanks for GnuCash. We use it for several years now in
my small business and it has been fantastic.

A problem has cropped up for which I wonder if there is an easy
solution:

All work is done by one user. Up to this point all work was only ever
done on one computer. It would be better if we could use several
computers - in sequence, not concurrently. There is no likelihood at all
that there is even accidental concurrency - as it would be the same user
on each computer.

I am thinking of setting up something which automatically uploads and
downloads onto a shared server, or maybe a dropbox account or something
similar.

Which files should shared? Just the account files or also some gnucash
setup files (i.e. in .gnucash/?)

We use Linux (Ubuntu, right now 12.10, soon probably 13.04)

Many thanks

Peter