Amount in words and Signature in Invoice

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu May 23 11:01:34 EDT 2013

On Thursday 23 May 2013 09:56:28 Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> uzumaki <uzumakifahim at gmail.com> writes:
> > GNU cash is a really good accounting software. For now, I'm just looking
> > for the features below:
> >
> > 1.In my country, it's a tradition to write the total amount of the
> > Invoice/Bill in words. I looking for a way to do that with GNU cash? Is
> > that possible with GNU cash?
>
> GnuCash does have an API to do this, which is used by the check-writing
> code.  You would have to modify the invoice report to use that API.  The
> current invoice implementation does not.

Well, it depends on your language. The API in the check-writing code can only write English
amounts in words, with the explicit mention this code is only suitable for (US) English. If
you want this for other languages, it will have to be written from scratch. That is because
each language has its own rule for writing numbers.

Geert