Auto Price Retrieval

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 1 11:19:27 EDT 2013

Hi,

jazeera <vishrao at hotmail.com> writes:

> Derek,
>
>            This is in response to your reply. I was referring to mutual fund
> companies where you could have a bunch of accounts. Retrieving all of them
> through one connection was what I was getting at. I know there is no login
> reqd for online Quote/Price Retrieval.

Ah, so you want to set up OFX Direct Connect.  This isn't related to
"Auto Price Retrieval" which is the subject of this email/thread.  You
should start new threads when changing topics.

> How would I link up my 401k, IRA, SEP etc which could be in American Century
> or Vanguard or Schwab? Some folks have mentioned running a shell script
> getfidata.sh, few others have talked about importing setup files and some
> have mentioned python scripts and JSON scripts. Does it involve so much in
> order to make it all happen?

You have to set up the Online Account.  I've never done it myself; I
don't believe in transaction import because then you fail to notice bank
errors.