unable to retrieve Indian stock quotes

ajay trivedi aitrivra at msn.com
Fri Nov 1 17:51:16 EDT 2013

continuing with my earlier post, i give below some of the results of something I tried.1. apparently Yahoo Finance, and Finance:Quote are fine as i get the quotes for Amazon and Intel corp after setting up these securities for sake of trial. 2. when I try quotes for ACC.NS and ABB.NS, or ACC.BO and ABB.BO price editor says unable to obtain quotes.  3.however the same securities with same symbols give valid and verified quotes on finance.yahoo.com. through my browser, confirming correctness of symbols.4. I try csv download via finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=AMZN&f=snd1l1 it works fine (ref: www.gummy-stuff.org/Yahoo-data.htm)5. I try similar download finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=ACC.NS&f=snd1l1, the result does not make sense.
It maybe that the stock exchanges in question (Mumbai-india, and NSE-india) have a changed format? unlikely, as there are two of them, and display of correct quotes on the browser shows proper valid tracking. It also cannot be the dot notation, as these symbols have worked correctly in the past.I could correlate this problem with my recent installation of activperl 5.16.3, but result 5 above is not using perl.
Please suggest some solution!