Balance sheet unrealized losses

Paul Nadolny pjnadolny at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 12:52:56 EDT 2013

Hi, I've been working on this so I want to get back to you.

I turned on the "trading accounts" option and it took away the huge
"unrealized losses", etc. Then I went through all the multiple currency
transactions and accepted the GnuCash prompt to balance them even though
I'm not sure what that means. And then on the Balance sheet I get "Trading
gains" which makes the balance. So that was a big help for me. Thanks.

Now my next problem is to justify the difference between the balance sheet
of the previous year. The local currency lost a lot over the year and the
overall value of the assets is way down. But is it possible to justify the
difference?

It has to do with the devaluation of the local currency, but it seems
strange that the balance of the year that I just finished actually gave me
a "gain in trading". I thought it would be a "loss in trading" that would
account for the big loss of the total value of the assets.

If this is not too complicated I would like to get some advice.

Thanks. Paul