Balance sheet unrealized losses

Ian K ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 2 14:32:02 EDT 2013

Paul - Glad using trading accounts has hepled.

Is MZN the local currency in GnuCash? If so that might explain the trading
gains.
If the MZN has devalued, then MZN assets have lost money, but that won't
show as a trading loss, as it's the local currency.
However if you have foreign assets E.g. USD, then the value of those will
have appreciated in MZN terms which would show up as a trading gain.

It depends which way round you are working, if you see what I mean...

Otherwise without knowing exactly what you're doing I'm not sure!