Chapter 8 - investment accounts

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Nov 3 10:55:03 EST 2013

I spent some of the afternoon on my trial account entering data similar to
the 8.5 tutorial. It looks as though I may have solved (or at least
partially) one of the issues, namely the 'orphaned imbalance' part of the
entry.

I have substituted the 'imbalance' category with the brokers account
representing the actual purchase. This isn't strictly accurate as we have
usually several days between actual purchase and subsequently paying for the
stock. This is some cases maybe up to a month (T28).

It would be nice to generate a report which shows current holdings (number
of shares and purchase price) although I haven't manage to get that far yet.
It also depends on being able to nett of trades against each other to show
only the latest (please see previous post for question in this regard).

Many thanks.