Chapter 8 - investment accounts

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Nov 6 15:06:04 EST 2013

Thanks for the reply John.

Let me skip ahead as my data entry problem (orphan entries) may be related
to how I create a security.

When I use the default IBM security for mock data entry there is no problem
at all, well almost none. It doesn't feel intuitive but works. Ok, when I
try this on my main programme by creating real stocks the wheels come off.

Firstly data entry without creating duplicates and/or orphaned trades is
impossible which leads me to believe it  could be a glitch.

When setting up a new stock (commodity) I mimic the IBM symbol but create a
new LSE exchange (and symbol). When comparing the headings, the newly
created stock differs somewhat, here are the titles.

*Action, Memo,Account, Shares, Price, Buy, sell*

This differs somewhat to the IBM stock

*Date, Num, Description, Tot shares, Tot buy, Tot sell, Balance*

I ma sure my error will be obvious to experienced users but for the life of
me, i can't spot the problem.

Cheers,

David