Renumbering subaccounts without hyphen

Cat P barking at gmx.com
Wed Nov 13 14:54:06 EST 2013

Hi Derek,

I use account codes to sort my accounts in a certain way. I also like
the fact that the numbers can reflect how general or specific the
relevant accounts are.

I have several subaccounts within subaccounts, but always strictly
organised, so I can infer where things are. I only occasionally
re-number, when something gets reorganised, but a lot of accounts and
subaccounts can be affected, so it would be handy to have some automatic
renumbering.

I started using codes in Sage and liked the idea, so I have a similar
system in GnuCash (but not the same allocations).

I hope I don't sound too 'anal'.  :-)

Cat