Multiple Accounts

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Nov 15 05:43:03 EST 2013

On Fri 15 November 13 05:02:53 Alan Jordan wrote:
> I am using Gnucash with multiple Accounts, which I can switch between using
> the Account List under the Menu Option 'File'. Occasionally I need to move
> the location of one of the Accounts, whereupon the existing Account List
> link to this Account no longer works. I then use the Menu Option
> 'File/Open' to access this Account, and Gnucash adds a new Link in the
> Account List, but does NOT remove the old (redundant) Link which has the
> same name, which can be very confusing! Is there any way I can edit the
> Account List to remove the old (redundant) Links?

Hi Alan,

The "Account List" you talk of is just a recently-opened file list, exactly
the same as you get in say a word processor or image editor.

As you open your files, the oldest set of books gets dropped of the bottom of
the list.  There is no other way to change the list from within GC, but you
can do it by hand-editing a config file.  I believe that it is one of the
gconf files, but can't be any more precise than that - maybe someone else will
chip in - but it would be useful to know your operating system details.

HTH,
Maf.