Multiple Accounts

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Nov 15 10:16:42 EST 2013

On Fri 15 November 13 09:52:35 Alan Jordan wrote:
> Hi Maf,
>

> Thanks for that. I've found the file you mention, and edited it to remove
> the unwanted Account List entries, but this has no effect. As soon as I run
> Gnucash, the deleted entries get re-written into the File. It looks as if
> this really is a History File.

Hi Alan,

don't forget to include a CC to the list, there are others there who know far
more than me... and others may benefit from the conversation in due course
too.

Did you ensure that gconf was not running?  What happens if you delete the
file completely?

> There are a lot of other %gconf.xml Files in the ~/.gconf/apps/gnucash
> Directories, but none of them containing a recognisable Account List.
>

> I suspect the File we want must be hidden somewhere else in Linux, but I'm
> afraid I am not enough of an expert to know where to look.
>

> I have to admit that I'm a little bit surprised this problem isn't something
> that is very well known, and the solution readily available; I can't
> believe I am the only person to have this issue!

Did you see John Dablin's suggestion? There's a FAQ about it, so you are not
alone!

Are you similarly bothered by the recently-used list in say Libre Office?  I
suspect that it is just because one tends not to have many different files in
GC that it can be occasionally problematic.  I have 6 different sets of books
in GC that I use, some daily and others monthly or less often.  I tend to
navigate to the relevant folder and start GC with a click on the data file I
want, and only when swapping books in a session do I use that menu, often
though, the file I want isn't there....

have a good weekend,
Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542