Corrupted a file now get "no suitable backend found"

Dennis Shimer dshimer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 08:09:53 EST 2013

I have a file that I made several errors in account names.  I thought it
would be easier to open the file in an external editor and make the
changes.  After I did that I went to reopen the file and got a error
"No suitable backend was found for
file:///home/dennis/Desktop/FileName.gnucash."
All my other files still work fine so I must have done something with the
manual edit on the file.  It was fairly simple changes to the account names
an codes.  Is there any way to recover this file?