Report Generation Question

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Nov 18 12:41:02 EST 2013

Hi Matthew,

I didn't see a reply to your question so far, so here's my stab at it.

The report as you ask *exactly* doesn't exist in GnuCash as far as I know. There is no
transaction report that will show a starting balance at the beginning of the report. This looks
like a useful improvement to me. Can you create an enhancement request in our Bugzilla for
this ? (More info on Bugzilla: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla)

Another report that will get you close is GnuCash' own version of the "Register report". You can
get this by opening an account register and then select "Reports"->"Account Report". It still
won't show a starting balance though. To only report on a limited set of transactions you can
apply a filter or search on your account register and then call "Account Report" on the filtered
register/search result register.

Other than that what you could do is generate the report in GnuCash and then copy the
generated report into LibreOffice Calc/Microsoft Excel and do some post processing.

Geert