Trouble installing 2.5.8 on Win Vista

Tom Vrankar twv at cox.net
Sat Nov 23 09:25:05 EST 2013

I know it's an alpha, but someone might either find this helpful, or might help me. I was a heavy user of gnucash during the 2.2 series on this same machine, but went away for a while.

I've tried several downloads and Windows Vista sessions (power cycles), but the installer hangs (with full 25% CPU utilization on an early quad-core) at the same place each time:

Extracting files. ..
... themes\Blueprint-Ice\gtk-2.0\radioactivePrelight.png

The extract dialog can't be canceled; the process has to be killed in task manager. Where are the extracted files? Should I try to install what's been extracted (progress bar was very close to the end)?

Any ideas what's wrong, and if it's not on my end, can it be addressed in the betas?

Thanks.

Tom
twv at cox.net, 401.573.5843