SQL BackEnd Clarification

Egbert van der Wal ewal at pointpro.nl
Wed Nov 27 15:05:00 EST 2013

On 27/11/13 20:27, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Egbert van der Wal <ewal at pointpro.nl> writes:
>
> I'm curious why you think that backing up a database is easier than
> backing up an XML file?
>
> -derek

I'm not saying that it's easier, only that it's easier for me. The MySQL
database is already being replicated to an external server and backups
are made on-site and off-site at regular intervals, so that requires no
additional configuration or storage. Adding a separate XML file to the
mix requires additional configuration, so that's why a database is
prefered in this situation.

Anyway, I'll just try and mess about with the database functionality
every now and again and if I run into any records not being saved, I'll
be sure to trace the error and report it.

Thanks,

Egbert