Accounting for Capital Gain when Selling Shares

coolnodje coolnodje at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 29 04:23:27 EST 2013

I was about to write that there's no way I could get an empty Share and
Price at the same time when I finally managed!

The trick is to FIRST delete Shares AND Price from your split, and THEN
enter your Debit/Credit.

It looks obvious but I really struggled to get this to work!

As a side remark, an odd thing is the column naming: it's mostly
different from what appears in the doc [ Tot Shares, [blank], Tot Buy,
Tot Sell, Balance ]
I've only seen the latter once, most of the time I get:[ Shares, Price,
Debit, Credit, Balance ], which led me to think that maybe I wasn't in
the same section as talked about in the doc.

Thanks for your quick answer
/nodje