Creative accounting

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Wed Oct 2 04:39:38 EDT 2013

On 02/10/13 06:51, Kim C. Callis wrote:
> Now I need
> to invoice the client (the same client that I am "paying" rent to) for my
> billable items. Again, not a big deal, it becomes an AR entry. The issues
> was how to take the Rent: Business and pass to the AR: Client so that it
> would reduce the overall receivable so that is would be my billed time -
> Rent: Business and that would reflect properly.
Why can't you just use balance accounts receivable from accounts payable?

Actually, there is an interesting question here that I've had in the
past. If one raises an invoice, the only way it seems to clear that is
through the payment dialogue (otherwise reminders persist). I noticed
that the payment dialogue is rather restrictive in the ways in which
invoices can be paid. Perhaps there should be ways in which debits from
A/R can be tied to an invoice?

Henry