Until GnuCash Android is Ready

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 3 15:47:10 EDT 2013

On 3 October 2013 19:35, Tom Balazs <tom123online at gmail.com> wrote:
> For personal finance tracking: I need to use an App on my Android phone
> (Samsung Galaxy S I-9000) to collect the details of my transactions while
> I'm on errands around town (cash withdrawl at ATM, credit card charge at
> restaurant, check written at store, etc.). What do you use / what do you
> recommend I use?

I find it quicker just to collect the bits of paper and enter them
manually later.  Then you get the advantage of auto-fill and so on
that it not (for the moment at least) going to be available as a
mobile app.

Even if one had a something like web interface to gnucash and ran that
on your tablet in the store, I am not sure the mind is in the right
mode for deciding things like which expense account to allocate the
transaction to while one is in that environment.  Particularly so if
there were complex splits required for example.

Colin