GNUCash 2.4.13 crash on startup

Dave Turner dct25-gnucash at mythic-beasts.com
Sat Oct 5 08:33:11 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm using GNUCash 2.4.13 on Windows 7 (64-bit) and recently it has
stopped working. Specifically, when I run the system the splash screen
pops up and then a message appears saying 'gnucash.exe has stopped
working'.

It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago, so it's possibly
something caused by a Windows update. I don't think much else has
changed on this system.

Things that I have tried that haven't worked:

- uninstall and reinstall
- uninstall, delete Gnome settings directories from $HOME, and reinstall
- install the unstable release (2.5.5)
- move my data somewhere else, in case it was corrupt
- searching the recent mailing list for similar problems

I'm afraid I'm not sure what to do next to try and track down the
problem. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

David