GNUCash 2.4.13 crash on startup

Dave Turner dct25-gnucash at mythic-beasts.com
Sun Oct 6 11:26:46 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm having trouble with the VirtualBox idea - I don't have a windows
installation disk! My recent rebuild was off a recovery partition
which doesn't seem to be the same thing and I can't work out how to
make VirtualBox use this for installation.

There are a number of files in AppData/Local/Temp called
gnucash.trace.<random characters>.log that seem to get created when I
run GNUCash; all the ones created recently are empty (0 bytes). I
attach one from 23 August which mentions not being able to run perl,
although GNUCash was working for me at that time.

Yes, I also cleared out $HOME/.gnucash. It gets recreated when I run
GNUCash along with subfolders books, checks and translog, but no files
in any of these.

Cheers,

David