problem opening emailed Gnucash file

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 7 16:41:27 EDT 2013

On 7 October 2013 15:16, Mark Mason <jmwmason at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Gnucash - I am treasurer of a not for profit CASC Sailing Club in UK.  I am just completing a years use of Gnucash.  I want to email my years accounts to my auditor.  I am on a mac she is on a pc and has installed gnucash.
>
> I have twice sent her my completed yr end account by email (not including any log files) and she has not been able to open the file.  File has the extension .gnucash.  I have opened it myself with-out problem.

How is she trying to open it, and what happens?  Is she just trying to
open it in the browser (if she uses gmail or hotmail or other web
based mail)?

If she is not already doing so then get her to save it from her mail
s/w, then open gnucash and use File > Open to browse to where she has
saved it and open it.

Colin