New account type

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Oct 18 04:23:04 EDT 2013

On Fri 18 October 13 08:23:59 Sam Liddicott wrote:

<SNIP>.

> Proposal:
>
> What she would prefer is for the general ledger two have two transfer
> columns and a single amount column (and no balance - which would be zero).

Hi Sam,

Initial thought: How would you enter a several-way split transction via your
proposal?
I'm not a dev, and have no idea about the implications of your proposal at a
coding level, but I do know that internally, every GC transaction is a split -
just a question of how many splits!

>From a practical point, which addresses the usability of GC, when I have a
stack of data to enter into GC, I try to group the receipts by source account,
so I'll do all checking account first, then credit card, then wallet, for
example.  This certainly helps reduce the clicking into different accounts!

HTH,
Maf.