New account type

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 08:54:44 EDT 2013

On 18 Oct 2013, at 13:22, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

> On Fri 18 October 13 13:07:11 Sam Liddicott wrote:
>

>> Is the general ledger you speak of the general ledger report? I didn't know
>> about it today.
>> When I said "general-ledger" not in reference to anything that existed it
>> just seemed a suitable name.
>>
>> I'm interested in where you found this general ledger you looked at...
>
> Tools -> General Ledger

Although the General Ledger appears in GC as a Report, it is possible to edit the transactions that are presented in that report, and to add new transactions as if they were being entered through a traditional pencil-and-paper General Ledger.  The difference from the paper version, of course, is that transactions entered through the General Ledger in GC are automatically posted to the appropriate accounts.

I don't think the General Ledger was intended to be used in this way, but if this suits your wife's way of working, why not?

Michael