invoice - date below the address

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 21 11:44:35 EDT 2013

Hi,

Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> writes:

> On 11 Oct 2013, at 22:18, Thelma Sabim <juramentada at thelmasabim.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am printing my first GC invoice and noticed that below my address at the
>> top right corner there is a line where today's date is printed (which is
>> also my invoice date).
>> There is already the invoice date and I do see any reason to keep the date
>> the invoice is printed... besides that, it is too close to the address.
>
> Although some of the fields on the invoice are optional, this one
> seems not to be.
>
> I've examined the SCM file which generates the invoice
> ("invoice.scm"), but I can't find the line where this date is placed
> in the HTML output.
>
> I expect Derek Atkins, who wrote this file, would be able to tell you
> where to find the portion of code you would need to modify, even if
> only to get more space between your address and the date.

In invoice.scm the date is inserted via make-date-row!, which is called
around line 725.  But this only prints the Post Date and Due Date.  It
does not print the "current date".

I didn't write the "easy invoice".  The Date and Due Date are printed
around line 800 in that report.

> I don't use invoicing myself, but I can see that the date the invoice
> was printed might be useful. For example, if the customer mislaid the
> original invoice, and requested a duplicate, and then the original one
> turned up, or if an invoice had to be revised after it was printed. In
> the latter case, the invoice numbers would be identical, but it would
> be clear which one was the more recent.
>

>> I am wondering if there is a way to "not" print this field.

You would have to modify the report scheme code to remove that.