Compiling GnuCash 2.5.6 on Ubuntu 13.10

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 24 06:02:51 EDT 2013

On 24 October 2013 10:36, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:
> On Thursday 24 October 2013 09:46:04 Colin Law wrote:
>> On 24 October 2013 08:12, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be>
>> wrote:
>> > I was expecting xsltproc to be a part of libxslt (it is on Fedora
>> > and in the libxslt sources).
>> > If you can confirm that on Ubuntu xsltproc and libxslt are two
>> > separate packages and that xsltproc is not a dependency of libxslt,
>> > I will have to improve the configure test. It currently assumes
>> > that if libxslt is available, xsltproc will be automatically as
>> > well. But your reply seems to contradict this at least on Ubuntu.
>
>> On Ubuntu 13.10 I can confirm that xsltproc and libxslt-dev are two
>> separate packages with no inter-dependency.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation. But to be clear: I didn't expect xsltproc to be
> part of libxslt-dev, but rather part of libxslt. That's the way it's in the
> original sources. But from what I understand on Ubuntu xsltproc is not part
> of the libxslt package either. Is there an interdependency between those two

No, there is no inter-dependency.  I can install either one separately
and it does not pull in the other.

> Regarding the bug report: libxslt-dev and xsltproc are new dependencies
> since 2.5.6. I believe apt-get build-dep gnucash installs the build
> dependencies for the stable version of gnucash. So strictly speaking this is
> not a bug yet, but once gnucash 2.6 will be released, the apt-get command
> should install libxslt-dev and xsltproc as well.

That is interesting, when I updated the build instructions for Ubuntu
12.04 (at least I think I did that) I determined somehow that xsltproc
was required.  I may have been wrong of course.

Cheers

Colin