OS/X 9 Mavericks -- "Get Quotes" issue

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Oct 25 16:17:00 EDT 2013

On Oct 24, 2013, at 10:20 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> Wandering a bit off-topic, apparently 10.9 has made life a bit easier when upgrading.

This is too sweet. On 10.9, don't worry about Xcode at all, just double click on Finance::Quote Update (after I upload a release with the correctly-signed app, of course). Terminal opens as usual, asks for your password so it can run in sudo, and configures itself. Then it starts downloading and building. The first time it hits make, you get a dialog box that says "Make requires the command-line tools. Do you want to install them now?" Click yes, they download and install. CPAN has quit, of course, but just click in the terminal window, push the up arrow once to bring back the command that FQU started, hit return, and off it goes.

Regards,
John Ralls