Problems starting Gnucash

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 27 10:55:17 EDT 2013

On 26 October 2013 21:37, Dwayne and Denise Purvis
<ddpurvis17 at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We've been using Gnucash for several years and have no problems but
> beginning today, when we attempt to start the application, the flash screen
> pops-up and begins loading then the application just dies with no errors.  I
> can find no log files or information in the windows logs to indicate what
> the problem might be.  I've had issues when there was a lock file left out
> due to an unexpected shutdown or something, but that gives a specific error
> that you can refer to.  In this case, there are no errors. Does anyone have
> any advice on how to troubleshoot this issue?  I'm an IT professional but
> know very little about the inner workings of this product so am at somewhat
> of a loss.

Are you sure it is dying? Does it disappear from the task bar, or
whatever the equivalent is in Win 8?  Sometimes there are problems
with the scheduled transaction run window not being visible.  Have you
used the machine with dual monitors by any chance?

Colin