Balance sheet unrealized losses

Paul Nadolny pjnadolny at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 04:53:59 EDT 2013

I have been using Gnucash for three years now and it is great. I need to
work in the local currency and have USD and EUR assests.

When I do the Balance sheet I get a huge "unrealized losses" amount that is
about 20 times more than the total assests. Even if I do the balance on the
first day of the year (calender) I still get this huge figure. Could it be
from accumulated currency exchange losses? which in fact I do not know how
to work with yet?

I do not have the skills to get the Balance sheet worked out.

Thanks if you can help.
Paul