moving to sql backend

Carpetnailz carpetnailz at researchintegration.org
Mon Sep 2 17:49:06 EDT 2013

I'm wanting to explore using a mysql backend for gnucash. All I can find
in the tutorial and help manuals is the instruction to "save as" and
select the desired sql data format.

But all I see there is the xml format option, and I haven't been able to
find any instructions in the documentation on how to get 'save as' to
show a mysql option--how to actually create the the mysql backend. The
instructions seem to assume you've done it somehow. I have mysql running
on my computer and can create a database there for GnuCash, but I need
help in how to tell GnuCash to recognize it. I've searched both the help
manual and the concepts guide to no avail.

Can you tell me where to find the needed info?

I've got GnuCash 2.4.13 on Fedora 17.

Thanks.