A way of managing a joint account

Ian K ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 2 14:14:52 EDT 2013

You could segregate your expense accounts by owner, e.g.
Expenses:Joint:Groceries,  Expenses:MH:Clothing, Expenses:LT:Clothing.
The card itself is a joint account so you may want to note that. I Just put
that on the end of account names e.g Liabilities:Credit Cards:American
Express (Joint) or Assets:Cash:Cash (MH). I guess you could also put the
ownership hierachy into the asset and liability accounts like for expenses
above but I haven't done that as I think it would be messy.