Installation issues

Helge Ramthun HRamthun at gmx.de
Tue Sep 3 10:04:04 EDT 2013

Dear All,

I have two issues:

1. I have been using GnuCash 2.4.12 and later 2.4.13 under Windows 7 for
about 2 years now, with no problems (well, nothing worth mentioning
anyway...). Out of curiotsity, I tried 2.5.3 and 2.5.4, after of course
uninstalling the stable version and backing up my data file.
I fiddled a bit with it, then waned to switch back. So I uninstalled
2.5.4 and reinstalled 2.4.13.

However, now when I start GnuCash, it fails. It used to fail in a way
that it complained about some DLL entry point. After reinstalling, some
manual cleaning registry and whatnot, I got slighty further. Now it
starts, shows the list of scheduled tranactions, then fails without any
error message. So. I'm stuck. I have no idea what's wrong. Since
uninstalling and clean install did not help, I'm lost. Any ideas?

2. My second problem is about the GnuCash companion for Android. I have
a Samsung Galaxys S2, with latest Android version available for this
phone. I can install the app, no problem. I did export my account
structure (if you wonder how I did that given the issue 1: I currently
use my wife's computer to keep my accs up to date...). Now I want to
import them in the companion. I copied the file to some folder (does it
have to be a specific one?), started the app and easily found the import
accs option. However, when I do so, an error message pops up: Header:
"Select GnuCash account file", body: "Anwendung für diese Aktion kann
nicht gefunden werden.". Again, what's up?

Thank you in advance,

Helge