Transfer between synced (HBCI) accounts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 9 11:53:16 EDT 2013

Hi,

"Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> writes:

> On Mon 9 September 13 13:03:21 Sunke Schlüters wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I hope I pose my question in an understandable way.
>>
>> I have several bank accounts (say two: account1 and account2), which I
>> would like to manage using GnuCash. account1 is used for my daily
>> expenses, account2 is used to pay insurances and other repeating
>> expenses. My income is transfered to account1 and every month I transfer
>> a portion of it to account2.
>>
>> I receive the transaction list via HBCI and get two transactions:
>>   From account1 to "Ausgleichskonto-EUR"   X Euro
>>   From "Ausgleichskonto-EUR" to account2   X Euro
>> (I don't know the English title of the "Ausgleichskonto-EUR")
>>
>> And I wish to have (automagically) only one transaction:
>>   From account1 to account2                X Euro
>>
>> How can I accomplish this? Is there a simple possibility (for me) to
>> write a python import plugin?
>>
>> Best,
>> Sunke
>
> Hi Sunke,
>
> I think that Ausgleichkonto would be "balancing account" or "reconciling
> account" in english.

Close.  Ausgleichkonto means "Imbalance"

The fact that you get an "Imbalance-EUR" account means you are not
properly assigning the transactions in the importer transaction matcher
window.  So your transactions are imbalanced.

To fix this, during the import you should map the transaction to the
correct destination account.  Once you do this you should be able to
mark the transaction as a duplicate, because you'll have one transaction
from account1 -> account2 (when downloading account1), and then you'll
have another transaction to account2 <- account (when downloading
account2).  In the importer you can mark the second as a dup.

If you ever get the Imbalance (Ausgleichkonto) account it means you're
doing double-entry wrong.