Transfer between synced (HBCI) accounts

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Sep 9 08:39:14 EDT 2013

On Mon 9 September 13 13:03:21 Sunke Schlüters wrote:
> Hi there,
> I hope I pose my question in an understandable way.
>
> I have several bank accounts (say two: account1 and account2), which I
> would like to manage using GnuCash. account1 is used for my daily
> expenses, account2 is used to pay insurances and other repeating
> expenses. My income is transfered to account1 and every month I transfer
> a portion of it to account2.
>
> I receive the transaction list via HBCI and get two transactions:
>   From account1 to "Ausgleichskonto-EUR"   X Euro
>   From "Ausgleichskonto-EUR" to account2   X Euro
> (I don't know the English title of the "Ausgleichskonto-EUR")
>
> And I wish to have (automagically) only one transaction:
>   From account1 to account2                X Euro
>
> How can I accomplish this? Is there a simple possibility (for me) to
> write a python import plugin?
>
> Best,
> Sunke

Hi Sunke,

I think that Ausgleichkonto would be "balancing account" or "reconciling
account" in english.

I think your bank maybe moves the money and seems to show a hidden internal
account is used.

I don't know anything HBCI, so can't comment about scripts etc.  If it is just
one time per month, I think I would manually edit the transaction from account
1 to go to account 2 and delete the Ausgleichkonto to account2 transaction.

HTH,
Maf.