Which file format to pick for import of split bookings

Guido Flohr guido.flohr at imperia.bg
Tue Sep 10 06:45:42 EDT 2013

Hi,

Am Montag, den 09.09.2013, 12:14 -0400 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> > The generated split transactions now all contain one empty booking for
> > the account "gnucash".  I can easily fix that by deleting the account
> > and all its bookings later.  But can I avoid that problem altogether?
>
> Yes, use the "implied split" in your QIF.  E.g., if you have a qif file
> named "checking.qif" and have a single transaction:
>
> !Type:Bank
> D08/09/2013
> PKroger
> T12.34
> LExpenses:Groceries
> ^
>
> You just need to map the "checking" qif account to Assets:Bank and this
> create the single transaction.

But then it is actually easier and faster for me, to just delete the
automatically created account after I am done with the mass import.  It
also allows me some error checking since the account must only contain
empty transactions after a successful import.

Thanks for your help!
Guido
--
Cantanea EOOD