OFX Transactions problem for AMEX

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 14:11:29 EDT 2013

Greetings,

Got hit with fraudulent activity on my american express card. Amex folks
actually detected the suspicious activity within minutes and called me
to confirm it was not my activity. As a result I now have a  card with a
new number.

I was happily using ofx download for months. Now it's broken. OFX logs
show, login was successful, however we send old credit card number which
american express servers reject. I tried walking through all related UI
items (account properties, ofx connection properties etc) and on no
screen I am seeing my old credit card number which I can edit. Actually
connection wizard actually got the new account information when clicked
on "Get Accounts" button.

I did open the file directly, found two entries in the file, replaced it
with new entries. However problem still persists. It seems like my old
account number is coming from some other source.

Any pointers to what else I need to check/change? OFX logs clearly show
old credit card number sent as part of transaction.

Regards,

Niranjan