OFX Transactions problem for AMEX

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Sep 10 15:22:48 EDT 2013

On Sep 10, 2013, at 11:11 AM, Niranjan Rao <nhrdls at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Got hit with fraudulent activity on my american express card. Amex folks actually detected the suspicious activity within minutes and called me to confirm it was not my activity. As a result I now have a  card with a new number.
>
> I was happily using ofx download for months. Now it's broken. OFX logs show, login was successful, however we send old credit card number which american express servers reject. I tried walking through all related UI items (account properties, ofx connection properties etc) and on no screen I am seeing my old credit card number which I can edit. Actually connection wizard actually got the new account information when clicked on "Get Accounts" button.
>
> I did open the file directly, found two entries in the file, replaced it with new entries. However problem still persists. It seems like my old account number is coming from some other source.
>
> Any pointers to what else I need to check/change? OFX logs clearly show old credit card number sent as part of transaction.

I suspect that you mean OFXDirect and that you're trying to retrieve your account data via Actions>Online Actions.
The account setup for that stuff is in Tools>Online Banking Setup. First adjust the appropriate account in the AqBanking Setup from the second screen of the wizard then re-associate the account with your Gnucash account in the third screen of the wizard.

Regards,
John Ralls