Question Regarding Sending Invoices Via Email

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 13 10:40:45 EDT 2013

Jack,

Jack Halem <jack at dlxcompany.com> writes:

> It continues to amaze me - how can anyone complain about a free open
> source program.
> It you don'tlike GNU Cash and are using Mac or Windows BUY Quickbooks.
> Please don't waste my time and the time of others buying to utilize
> GNU Cash with nonsense.
> I tried to use GNU Cash years ago and failed - I didn't have the
> support back then that GNU Cash now offers - please respect others who
> depend upon the kindness of those who give their time for free to
> bring you the program. GNU Cash is not only free but my best choice
> for a program whether it be free or enterprise that resides on a Linux
> OS PC.
>
> I was like you who complain - till I purchased a Linux accounting -
> yes purchased - and discovered that the paid program was better - but
> it wasn't supported as well as GNUCash - so stop the insanity.
>

> On 09/13/2013 07:05 AM, Buddha Buck wrote:
>> Is it a sign of dedication to purpose or a sign of slow development effort
>> that, after 15 years, GnuCash has refuted Zawinski's Law: “Every program
>> attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which cannot so
>> expand are replaced by ones which can.”

I believe that this was meant as a joke.  At least *I* took it as a
joke.  I don't think it was a jab at GnuCash development, but more about
the fact that this question has been asked several times over the years
but nobody has offered to implement the feature.

But thank you for supporting us.  :)

When you have a bunch of volunteers it is indeed hard to push
development as far or as fast as many would like.  I got into it because
I had time and an itch to scratch.  I needed something to suit my needs
(over a decade ago), so I made it happen.  One would hope that this next
generation would do the same.