How to migrate from v2.2.9 to v2.4.13

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Sep 21 11:56:54 EDT 2013

On Sep 21, 2013, at 7:53 AM, Blue Sky <fulmun77 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Thank you John for your fast reply.
>
> So, I'll just install the new version of gnucash on my new machine.
> What files (i.e. data, setup, etc.) do I copy over to my new machine?

Please remember to copy the list on all replies: Use "reply all", the double-arrow icon.

Unless you have saved custom reports, you need transfer only your account files. If you have saved reports,
run Gnucash on the Mac once, then copy saved-reports-2.0 from c:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\.gnucash to /Users/your_user_name/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/. Note that Finder normally hides Library, so you have to use Go>Go to Folder (command-shift-g) to open it.

Regards,
John Ralls