How to migrate from v2.2.9 to v2.4.13

Blue Sky fulmun77 at yahoo.ca
Sat Sep 21 22:27:48 EDT 2013

Hi John,
I moved my gnucash data to my new Windows 7 based platform.
I just saved my account and transaction data onto an USB stick from my Windows XP machine and copied the files onto the WIndows 7 machine.
As you mentioned in your email, v2.4.13 recognized the files from v2.2.9 with no problem. (pretty cool!)
HOWEVER, it changed some of the transaction dates for some unknown reason.
So far, I've noticed that a number of transactions that fall on the 1st of the month are brought into v2.4.13 with incorrect transaction date (i.e. in v2.4.13 the date is pushed back by one day).
For example, January 1, 2013 in v2.2.9 is showing December 1, 2012 in v2.4.13.
And May 1, 2013 in v2.2.9 is showing April 30, 2013 in v2.4.13 and so on.
As a result, the monthly and yearly totals do not reconcile between v2.2.9 and v2.4.13.

I wonder whether you've experienced this issue?
A bug, maybe?
Any workaround or patch available other than correcting each affected transaction?

Thank you for your help.

Kim