Entry Date versus Transaction Date

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 14:36:16 EDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM, thughes <travisjhughes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does GNUCash capture the date a transaction was entered into the file? Is
> is
> possible to search, or report on this date?

You can search for entries BASED on the date transactions were entered
(transactions "Entered Before 9/22/2013" for example), but I have not found
a way to DISPLAY the transaction entry date using any of the existing
reports or searches, nor can I see a way to display that field in any of
the registers.

Someone with more extensive knowledge of the existing reports might be able
to suggest a way to make the field visible. Someone could almost certainly
write a new report in Scheme that displays that data.