Entry Date versus Transaction Date

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 16:49:27 EDT 2013

On 9/22/2013 1:36 PM, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM, thughes <travisjhughes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does GNUCash capture the date a transaction was entered into the file? Is
>> is
>> possible to search, or report on this date?
>>

> You can search for entries BASED on the date transactions were entered
> (transactions "Entered Before 9/22/2013" for example), but I have not found
> a way to DISPLAY the transaction entry date using any of the existing
> reports or searches, nor can I see a way to display that field in any of
> the registers.
>
> Someone with more extensive knowledge of the existing reports might be able
> to suggest a way to make the field visible. Someone could almost certainly
> write a new report in Scheme that displays that data.
>

>> -----

Starting with releases in the 2.5 series (which is still in alpha or
beta, depending on your opinion), the date entered will be visible if
you have your preferences set to show it.

I have noticed that when a transaction is created by the Since Last Run
assistant, the date entered comes from the memorized transaction rather
than from the SLR entry date.  I have entered a bug report about that,
but the resolution would depend on what users like you are expecting, so
please let the developers know.

David C