Modify reports after exporting

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Mon Sep 23 15:35:44 EDT 2013

I also run gnucash on Linux (Debian testing, gnucash 2.4.13) and I can open
html reports in LibreCalc with no issue. There are no formulas, just
numbers, and the gird lines are turned off, so it looks as if everything is
in one cell. Just turn on grid lines for the whole sheet, and you will see
that all elements are neatly tucked away into their own cells in the
spreadsheet.

I had an application that required me to upload monthly income statement,
balance sheet, and transaction report to a web site so the trust
beneficiaries could see the information and jump back and forth from income
statement/balance sheet to the transaction report. The exported links in
the html reports refer back to gnucash, so I had to write a simple python
program to match all the links in the income statement and balance sheet to
the transaction report. Not very hard, and it makes monthly reporting much
faster than manually changing the reports. Also less error prone. May I
suggest that you invest in some form of script to make the monthly
adjustments in the html reports to save yourself some time and errors!

Mark